Contractor – Northern NJ
This role will report to the Director of Program Management, Medical Affairs
Summary: Coordinating activities associated with the development, execution and management of contract life cycle for the Clinical Operations and Medical Affairs department. Contract types include Confidentiality Agreements, Master Service Agreements, Clinical Trial Agreements, General Services Agreements, and Consulting Agreements. Work closely with the Medical Affairs and Clinical Operation Managers (phase 3b/IV)
The Contract and Vendor Project Manager is responsible for:
• Identifying vendors for projects.
• Facilitating the RFP/ vendor proposal and review process as the team requires.
• Liaise with contract owners (study team members, medical directors, etc.), help determine vendor and contract needs (budget, term, proposed vendor(s)). Liaise with Outsourcing, Legal, Study sites and Vendors as necessary.
• Monitor the contracts through the development process and facilitate the process efficiently, provide communication and status of the process from draft through execution.
• Archive executed contracts.
• Ensure all corporate contracting policies are followed (Fair Market Value, Signing Authority, Legal process, Purchasing process including SRM/Purchase order establishment).
• Tracking executed contracts (active) for vendors especially expiration dates and provide 60 day notice of pending expirations.
• Through experience become the Subject Matter Expert on corporate and Business Operations contract process, and respond to department questions and assist with contract issue resolution and vendor reconciliation.
• Knowledge of GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
• Knowledge of MS Office suite of products with expertise in MS Excel and Word.
• Detail oriented.
• Excellent management and interpersonal skills and the ability to work with all levels within the organization in a positive, collaborative manner.
• Strong professional communication skills, both written and verbal.
• Good leadership and decision making skills
• Ability to problem solve and use good judgment
• Ability to work independently, or as key team member.
-BA/BS required, and paralegal certification is a plus.
-Strong contract administration, negotiation and drafting skills.
-7 + years of Vendor and Contract related experience in the pharma industry
Company offers very competitive hourly rate for contract role and great working environment.