Terrific opportunity in the Finance Department of a Global Pharmaceutical firm!
Performs daily activities for 5 bi-weekly and semi-monthly payrolls to ensure accurate and timely compensation to employees for work performed. Performs a variety of statistical tasks and clerical duties required to prepare payroll data for computer input. Reviews timekeeping records. Processes exception items requiring special handling. Responds to inquiries from employees regarding deductions, calculations, and changes in compensation. Prepares, compiles and maintains various statistical and payroll records. May perform analyses and reviews of data, develop reports for supervision review.
1. Performs payroll activities for bi-weekly and semi-monthly payroll processing.
2. Reviews timekeeping records for accuracy and completeness.
3. Process special payroll exceptions as needed.
4. Prepare payroll journal entries for posting to the general ledger.
5. Maintain master control file.
Knowledge & Skill Required
• 1 to 3 years of payroll experience
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree
• Pharmaceutical industry experience desirable but not required
• Knowledge of ADP and Peoplesoft
• Basic accounting skills
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of payroll related concepts
• Good communication skills
• Very good organizational skills
• W-2 processing knowledge desirable
Company offers very competitive salary & benefits package !