Payroll Systems Analyst/Consultant
6 + months – NJ
Hourly Rate: $90-$105hr.+
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Evaluate, troubleshoot, correction and configuration of system challenges
* Assist with the evaluation / documentation of operating procedures department.
* Analyze and document the pay conditions configured Ultimate Software, continuously identify the needs of operations, HR, and payroll with the goal of supporting an effective and accurate timekeeping system
* Configure the pay rules and conditions within Ultimate Software and ensure compatibility with HR and payroll processes
* Prepare test scenarios and perform testing as new rules and functionality arise, adhering to applicable internal policies for documentation of test results
* Contribute to user training and documentation, including the development of training materials
* Configure PTO plans in accordance with policy
* Process/Configure payroll transactions, Relocation, Deferred compensation, and other non-regular compensation as needed
* Support the payroll and HR teams with reporting/processing needs
* Maintain relationships with internal and external partners to ensure service levels are met
* Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures using Ultimate software
* Successful tracking of PTO (paid time off)
* Managing XML feed from PeopleSoft to Ultimate software
* Documentation of daily procedures
* Additional ad hoc projects
* Bchelor’s Degree with 5+ years of payroll and timekeeping systems experience with Ultimate Software
* Payroll Project Experience
* Detail oriented with strong organization and time management skills
* Ability to collaborate cross functionally and actively participate in projects
* Commitment to quality and ability to manage multiple projects
* Knowledge of wage and hour laws
* Strong MS Excel spreadsheet knowledge
* Excellent communication skills including written and oral communications.
* Strong work ethic and ability to work collaboratively
* Ability to assess issues, recommend solutions and drive remediation.
* We need a technical resource on the software who can dig through the system and evaluate our current state and drive the remediation.
* Must be able to extract / interpret system configurations and they need to drive the remediation / testing
* Solid communicator
* Ability to work independently and manage multiple parties
* Strong understanding and experience of working in a payroll department, understanding functional and technical operations.