Position title: Senior Manager, Market Research
Reports to: Senior Director, Market Research
Location: Northern California
Outstanding Scientific opportunity with a specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing products to treat pain and other central nervous system conditions. The company was founded in 1995 and has established itself by developing and incorporating promising technology into differentiated therapeutic products, taking those products through clinical approval, and building a strong market presence. Be part of this exciting, innovative Company! Position Summary
Position Overview: Provides primary and secondary market research support for the corporate strategy/business development team. Responsible for helping internal partners/stakeholders make informed strategic and operations/decisions. Lead primary and secondary market research and reporting to facilitate and develop actionable recommendations based on market insights that address key business needs and objectives. Provide market research reports to C-suite and executives; must be of the highest level of data accuracy and attention to detail. Expertise with SHA database queries and downloads is required. Proactively seek out and analyze new data views to obtain insight into new markets.
Essential Job Functions: Develop, integrate and communicate actionable insights, conclusions and recommendations by using multiple analytic sources and disciplines including, but not limited to: Primary market research o Managing all aspects of market research including initiation of the RFP process, vendor selection, contract design and execution, budget management, and providing direction on the necessary scope of services. o Independently lead all aspects of project planning; coordination, time line setting , participant meeting scheduling, shaping conclusions and recommendations, presenting interim and final results and communicating project progress/initiatives to brand teams, senior management and/or vendors Secondary data and analytics o Analyze data and reports for integrity, accuracy, and interpretation prior to release to customers o Fulfill market research ad-hoc requests for executive management, sales, sales operations and marketing and business development departments o Research and assess companies in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries
- Work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with internal and external partners and stakeholders to ensure alignment and prioritization of goals and resources across multiple stakeholders and organizational initiatives
- Maintain a comprehensive and current understanding of relevant therapeutic markets by action as a subject matter expert (SME) in required areas
- Manage external vendors and consultants to enable effective and efficient project execution
- Ensure team deliverables meet or exceed service-level expectations for quality, timeliness and budget
- Introduce innovative approaches to business problems and lead key department initiatives
- Up to 20% travel Requirements.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s in business, management science, market research, or related or MBA desired
- Five (5) years of experience, in market research (primary research: qualitative and quantitative, and secondary research) and/or similar market analysis
- Previous experience in competitive intelligence and secondary data analysis required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of common marketing research frameworks and methods with proven ability to lead all phases of marketing research projects in a client-consultative framework
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical market research data sources required
- Experience leading market research for in-line products required; Proven ability to lead market research projects related to brand positioning and messaging; experience fielding conjoint analysis & ATUs
- Experience leading market research projects in support of a launch brand
- Experience leading market research projects in support of business development including in-license and out-license analysis
- Experience leading asset assessment and pipeline stage market research
- Experience fielding market research projects to support new product forecasting is a plus
- Revenue forecasting experience (including financial, marketing, and manufacturing) is a plus
- Expertise with SHA database queries and downloads is required. Advanced proficiency of general pharmaceutical databases required, such as IMS, Encuity, DCL, etc.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to rapidly learn new software applications and commercial databases
- Capacity to translate substantial amounts of data into insights, conclusions and recommendations
- Excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to independently prioritize own work Strong sense of urgency and responsiveness
- Attention to detail in analyses, deliverables and communications
- Highest level of accuracy with data and reporting
- Strong presentation and communication skills; must be able to provide succinct, strategic, and actionable insights to senior executives
- Proactive self-starter -lead work independently; able to see next steps/take action without prompting Experience supporting multiple support functions and stakeholders are required
- Ability to juggle multiple projects for in-market U.S. team needs
Competencies Include: Decisions and Judgment: Completing assigned tasks by gathering relevant information systematically and considering a broad range of issues or factors when making decisions Ownership and Initiative: Assumes personal ownership and accountability for business results and solutions. Organizes work based on company/department goals. Develops alternative strategies when confronted with obstacles. Plans and organizes work so that timelines are met or exceeded. Communication skills: Expresses ideas and information effectively and constructively. Provides accurate and timely information to others within the department and across functional groups. Demonstrates attention to and understanding of others’ comments, questions, and views.
Base salary $160k-$175k + 15%bonus. Generous relocation package offered.
Company offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package to all employees, as well as the expected health and welfare benefits.