Outstanding opportunity with a global manufacturer of passenger railcars including rapid transit and commuter cars, light rail and monorail cars, and high-speed (bullet) trains. Diesel and electric locomotives are made, as well as screen door systems that make transition from passenger platform to train safe and wind protected. Major customers are the Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH), MTA Metro-North and State of Connecticut, Maryland MTA, Virginia Railway Express, and the Massachusetts Bay Railroad. The company operates factories in Yonkers, New York, and Lincoln, Nebraska.
Be a part of this exciting industry leading Company
- Write quality procedures, develop forms and records to document and satisfy the requirements of the technical specification for contracts being processed through company.
- Responsible for monitoring the Test and Inspection procedure and records for contracts being processed Status reports shall be published to necessary departments for follow up back to the Specialist on schedules or corrections to keep the information up to date.
- Evaluate information collected from processes and perform / report trends by statistical analysis using visual graphs. The Specialist shall report and follow up for improvement and closure.
- Ensure that the configuration of an item (and its components) is known and documented and that changes are controlled and tracked. Quality Assurance Specialist applies technical and administrative direction and surveillance over the lifecycle of an item to: identify and document characteristics, control and document configuration changes, record and report the status of proposed changes, and audit configuration items to verify conformance to specifications, drawings, interface control documents, and other contractual requirements.
- Responsible for monitoring hardware and software configurations for multiple projects and reporting such to Quality Assurance, Engineering, Suppliers, and the end user (Customer).
- The Quality Assurance Specialist will have direct input into the Configuration Management planning, implementation, execution, and final delivery of product in relation to projects.
- Assures that software and hardware configurations are what they should be by using sound engineering principles.
- Monthly Report on Subcontractor/Supplier Performance to include weak points, strong points, areas needing improvement and areas where performance has exceeded expectations. Responsible for the following:
- QA/QC coordination of schedule, status for subcontractor and supplier activity.
- Subcontractor development and control for Quality Assurance or Field Office.
- Subcontractor performance and tracking program.
- Control of documentation for supplier and subcontractors (PSI, FAI, audit reports and vendor drawings, work reports within Quality Assurance or the Field.
- Coordination of feedback from FSR’s, RR’s and customer complaints related to subcontractors and suppliers.
- Additional Responsibilities for position when reporting to QA Manager:
- Maintains the coordination of the source inspectors in the field for daily assignments.
- Resident Source Inspectors listed to perform quality activities and report back through daily reports on the status and disposition of sub-contractor supplier material. Majority of source inspectors are “on-call” basis.
- Report monthly Pre-shipment Inspection (PSI) performance at supplier/subcontractor by QA or KRC resident inspector.
- Coordination assistance for supplier/subcontractor test inspection plans based on Master Test and Inspection Plans.
- Tracking subcontractor corrective action improvement program.
- Reporting of schedule for FAI, PSI, failure analysis and audits related to supplier and/or subcontractors.
- The Quality Assurance Specialist shall be able to perform internal audits (ISO 9001:2000) of the company’s quality system and to the Technical Specification for contracts being processed through company. The Specialist shall be able to publish the final audit report and follow up to closure of the audit results.
- BS Degree and must have three to five year’s experience in Quality Assurance / Quality Control in the manufacturing field. A Bachelor’s degree is preferable and may substitute for some experience.
- ISO certification for Auditor (Lead/Internal) is a plus.
- Must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and problem solving skills.
- Must have excellent database and Excel spreadsheet skills. SAP knowledge is preferred.
Company offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package to all employees, 401k with transit check, as well as the expected health and welfare benefits.
Salary $65k-$85k, plus bonus.
For immediate consideration, please email resume to email@example.comE/M/F/D/V