Senior Manager, Contracts Administration
1 Year Contract – NJ
• Responsible for maintain all aspects of approved contracts in the CARS System. Aspects include pricing, terms, eligibility and membership. Must be able to set-up new contracts in CARS and amend existing contracts due to changes in agreement. Work with team to ensure Price Increases are entered into the CARS System (Central Accounting Reporting System) accurately.
• Responsible for maintenance and quarterly re-tier of Hospital and IHN contracts. Contract members pricing may change from period to period based on their purchase history during the period. An accurate calculation of performance under the contract must be performed, reported, and changes made in CARS to reflect the change in pricing for the upcoming period.
• Provide reporting of Hospital and IHN performance of members under the contracts to Brand Teams.
• Provide oversight to Chargeback Team regarding contract eligibility and membership. For example, provide guidance on Class of Trade determination.
• Respond to internal (i.e. Brand Teams, Sales Force) and external inquiries (i.e. from wholesalers, GPOs, etc) regarding contracts.
Key Competencies / Requirements:
• Minimum of 5 years in a pharmaceutical contract administration / chargeback function
• Must demonstrate an in-depth understanding of pharmaceutical contracting and the partners involved in the process (i.e. GPOs, IHNs, PHS / 340b entities, government agencies, etc.)
• Must have hands-on practical experience with the CARS system. Candidates must know how to update pricing, update membership, update/create contracts among other key activities in the system.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field is required. Master’s Degree is a plus.