Senior Packaging Equipment Engineer
1 Year Contract – Raleigh, NC
This position will support Production Operational Units (OSD, OMO, Parenteral, and Gliadel), and PAR&D by providing the experience, technical expertise, leadership, and project management skills required to evaluate, select, procure, integrate, and validate any equipment needed for the current or future production needs of any Production Operations Unit or partners. This position will also support all contract manufacturing or packaging partners, both locally (North America) and Internationally, in the prompt evaluation of any issue with equipment or process that does not perform to expectations and provide the expertise to make necessary recommendations for improvements, modifications, upgrades, or new equipment as needed to resolve the issue.
25%: Manage Packaging Equipment Engineering in the installation, testing, qualification, and validation of any required Production Operational Unit equipment. To ensure that all production equipment purchased is installed and validated to meet set production criteria and cGMP standards.
25%: Manage Packaging Equipment Engineering in all aspects of the assessment, evaluation, specification, and procurement of any required Production Operational Unit equipment or any of our Contracting partners. To ensure that the best equipment is selected to meet specific production goals, new product initiatives, or marketing objectives.
25%: Support Production Operation Units and PAR&D by the prompt evaluation and trouble-shooting of any issue or problem with existing manufacturer or packager’s equipment, components, or processes both locally (North America) and Internationally. To ensure quick resolution to production issues and to improve the efficiency of any Production Operations Unit or any of our Contracting partners both locally and internationally.
25%: Control all aspects of major project management inclusive of contract development, budgeting, planning, scheduling, and execution. To ensure that all aspects of major Production Operational Unit projects are managed and executed within the stated time-line and appropriated budget.
1. A Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related applied science and 5 or more years’ experience with Pharmaceutical Production Operations.
2. High school diploma with advanced technical training and 8 or more years’ experience with Pharmaceutical Production Operations.
3. Pharmaceutical Industry and must
2. Proficient computer skills and the ability to communicate at all management levels, both written and orally.
3. Strong Project Management skills and the ability to lead by example in a cross-departmental team environment.
4. Detail oriented personality with Pharmaceutical Validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) experience and knowledge.
5. Ability to work effectively with a wide range of people and motivate others to reach their highest potential.
1. Proficient in a PC based Project Management program
2. Understanding of Vision Systems
3. PLC programming and trouble-shooting.
4. Strong electrical troubleshooting skills
5. Strong mechanical background and aptitude
6. Proficient with AutoCAD
7. Lean / Six-Sigma training
1. Oral Solid Dose Packaging equipment knowledge to include Bottle Filling, Capping, Labeling, Cartoning and Case Packing.
2. Mechanical or Electrical Engineering Degree
3. Project Management Experience
4. Computer Skills to include Lotus Notes, Word, Excel, CAD.
5 Ability to write Operational and Preventative Maintenance Procedures
Company offers very competitive hourly rate.