Contract role – 1year – $30/hr++
Woodcliff Lake, NJ
This position provides administrative support to expatriate(s) and executive visitors from home office in Japan. This person will also provide other supports where Japanese language skills are required including but not limited to translation of business documents, communication support by summarizing Japanese to English (vice versa) the content of incoming and outgoing information and creating documents in Japanese.
This position is responsible for providing administrative support to members in the following departments in MDC: MDC Strategy, MDC Central Services, Clinical Data Science, and Clinical Pharmacology Science. He/she may be assigned to support other departments in MDC or projects/events within MDC and/or with other Business Groups.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communication Support: translate business documents, summarize Japanese to English (vice versa) the content of incoming and outgoing information, proof-read, create documents in Japanese/English, and provide other supports where Japanese skills are required.
• Expatriate Support: Provide assistance, as needed, to Japanese expatriates who may work in Woodcliff Lake site for short- or long-term periods. An understanding of both the American and Japanese cultures and the ability to speak and write Japanese will be necessary to effectively communicate and coordinate logistics, housing and transportation needs.
• Meetings/Events: Assist with planning and coordinating office events and meetings. Provide logistics assistance for large-scale meetings such as All Employee Meetings, Clinical Trial Forum and other Woodcliff Lake site events.
• Calendar Management: Manage calendars via Lotus Notes; advise others on colleagues’ availability for meetings (on-and off site). Arrange meetings including Audiovisual Services, WebEx, Audio Conference and catering/luncheons (upon request)
• Document Management: Maintain and update the document management system (EPIC). Process documents for approval. Organize and update documents.
• Invoice Processing: Process invoice transactions. Track invoices; obtain approval; submit for payment; monitor overdue invoices and track status of approval and payments. Contact vendors to resolve any discrepancies or problems. Answer all vendor inquiries. Advise supervisor of any invoice errors or non-compliance issues. Scan copies of invoices, correspondence, and checks for filing.
• Contract Processing: Coordinate with Legal and Finance to establish Master Service Agreements (MSAs) and Statements of Work (SOWs) for independent vendors and consultants. Procure federal ID numbers for each vendor; generate an Eisai vendor ID number, PO number, and SRM shopping cart.
• Travel Coordinator: Research travel options via Expedia to finalize arrangements (i.e. car service, train/air/hotel). If conference/seminar-related, register for conference and book all logistics via conference website.
• Expense Report Submission: Process travel and entertainment expense reimbursements using ADP Concur. Reconcile purchasing cards on a monthly basis.
• Acts as a resource person regarding the policies, procedures and resolves problems within area of responsibility.
• Participates in the development and implementation of projects, work methods and procedures. Recommends procedural changes to improve department efficiency
• Perform other administrative tasks as assigned.
* Written and verbal communication skills in Japanese and English
* Knowledge of Japanese business culture is highly desirable
* Associate degree required. BA/BS degree preferred.
* A minimum of 3 years’ experience supporting multiple teams and executives
* Responds to inquiries from internal and external personnel using proper judgment and initiative to ensure critical issues are handled appropriately.
* Ability to present one’s self in a professional manner, respect for confidentiality and ability to manage individual relationships with diplomacy required
* Highly pro-active and productive with the ability to plan and manage tasks and long term projects with minimum supervision
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment and multitask is required
* Thorough understanding of standard PC applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel & Lotus/Outlook)
* Organize, prioritize, and coordinate multiple work activities and meet critical deadlines
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work
- Is self -starter who can anticipate needs and timing in advance, does not require direct, daily supervision
- Must be self- motivated and capable of working alone
- May be required to be able to manage multiple tasks concurrently