Base Salary $85k-$105K plus 10% bonus, plus stock; Overtime eligible
Based in New York
Exceptional opportunity with a growing research-based pharmaceutical company dedicated to discovering, developing and commercializing scientifically advanced therapeutic products that are focused on improving the lives of people with neurological disorders. Be a part of this exciting Company!
Responsible for drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts under supervision of department attorneys. Conducts research, handles document distribution, and maintains files to support attorneys.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drafts, reviews and negotiates variety of contracts under direction of legal department attorneys.
- Assists in the maintenance of Company’s legal tracking system and follows up for legal matters.
- Assists in handling processing and follow-up on a variety of contract document requirements.
- Conducts legal research, review and document retrieval, as requested by legal department attorneys.
- Collaborates with internal business clients and attorneys on contract requirements.
- Conducts training on contracting process to business clients as requested by department attorneys.
- Helps maintain internal legal department files and update legal resources as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Minimum of 5 years of corporate paralegal experience, including contract drafting, review and negotiation.
- Prior experience in the biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device industry preferred.
- Basic understanding of contract and legal terminology.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Strong understanding of legal issues and risks pertinent to contract drafting and administration required.
- Familiarity with healthcare fraud and abuse regulations as it pertains to contracting with healthcare professionals preferred.
- Must be Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Proficiency with, or demonstrated ability to learn and work with, other software applications used by the legal department, including contract management database.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- It is essential that this individual demonstrate the ability to work with highly confidential information.
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team setting.
- Ability to manage both day-to-day operations as well as project work.
- Ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external stakeholders.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Certified Paralegal preferred
Company offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package to all employees, including generous relocation, Salary $85-$105K plus 10% bonus, plus stock; Overtime eligible
For immediate consideration, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V