Director, Sr Director, VP Medical Affairs/Strategy
Our client is multinational specialty pharmaceutical company with a diverse product portfolio with focus on branded pharmaceuticals, branded generics and over-the-counter products. Specialization in dermatology, eye health, neurology gastroenterology, hepatology and consumer healthcare.
Reporting to the Sr. Vice President Medical Affairs, this position will build and maintain solid and credible relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), educational institutions, and associations in order to drive professional outreach in the GI/Hepatology communities and serve as an in-house expert for Medical Affairs and Clinical Development.
Key Opinion Leader Development
- Identify, develop and maintain a wide network of strategic internal and external partners/Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) to collaborate on projects, strategies and build confidence, trust and respect in order to increase share of voice within Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Pain Management
- Liaison with the cross functional leadership team to develop KOL strategy for all key therapeutic areas
- Identify creative ways to ensure ongoing KOL two-way communication and engagement
- Act as a conduit to ensure a unified front to our KOL provider base across the entire organization
- Formalize a platform that captures and centralizes all forms of engagement by KOL
- Conduct external surveys with top KOLs across IBS, Liver Disease, IBD and Pain Management to get their view of the state of Salix as a division of Valeant, what they believe are the gaps as well as seek to understand how to close those gaps
- Act as the primary contact for key associations such as ACG, AASLD, CLDF, GiHealth Foundation to identify partnership opportunities which are aligned with key commercial strategies
- Optimize relationships with patient advocacy organizations such as American Liver Foundation (ALF), Crohn’s and Colitis Foundation of America (CCFA)
Medical Affairs Strategy
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing leaders to understand the direction of the commercial organization
- Help create a compliant Med Affairs strategy and initiatives to meet the goals of R&D while supporting the company goals
- Engage with MSL’s to ensure all meetings are executed in accordance with the company policy
- Collaborates with cross functional team members to develop and implement strategies in support of marketed products, launches, and development projects
- Successfully integrates and leverages an extensive knowledge of the company, market and industry practices and trends to guide our programs and drive growth.
- Anticipates key trends, opportunities and vulnerabilities to position to organization appropriately
- MD with expertise in gastroenterology and inflammatory bowel disease is required * Minimum five(5) years of industry experience preferred with at least two (2) years of medical affairs experience.
- Highly motivated with demonstrated track record of high performance, project execution and producing outstanding results
- Ability to lead strategy development and follow on execution
- Significant, direct experience servicing customer needs, demonstrated ability to work with multiple clients and stakeholders.
- Clear networking and alliance building capabilities with an ability to influence and develop others, and navigate the internal processes
- An ability to be flexible and to be innovative
- Proven ability to facilitate open discussion and debate among key stakeholders and build internal and external relationships through partnering, anticipating needs, fulfilling expectations
Company offers an extremely competitive salary & benefits package.
Base salary Director $160k-$190k VP $200k+ with bonus and stock.