Manager, Business Development – Oncology -
Consulting role with Large Pharma in NJ . 1 year project – $50-$60/hr
The Manager, Business Development position supports select BD initiatives in order to meet the corporate growth objectives of the organization in the Oncology Business Group. The position supports the execution of in-licensing, out-licensing, commercial co-promotion and M&A transactions in order to achieve of the organization’s financial and strategic targets as well as expand Eisai’s future product portfolio. This position will help identify and assess BD opportunities by working extensively with multidisciplinary teams inside the organization. The manager will also perform valuation and financial analyses and create BD presentations to senior management. The position facilitates the transition of a successful business transaction to alliance management and cross-functional operations. This is not a sales position.
1. Helping identify, source and evaluate BD opportunities. 10%
2. Analyzing targets’ R&D pipelines, operations, financial performance and commercial prospects. 10%
3. Liaising with internal and external teams for scientific, operational, financial, commercial and legal due diligence. 40%
4. Developing complex financial models to value and analyze mergers, acquisitions and licensing and royalty monetization transactions. 20%
5. Supporting the negotiation of deal terms, preparing briefing summaries and presentations, and highlighting risks and opportunities, for senior level decision-makers. 20%
• 5 years of relevant work experience
• Graduate level degree – MBA, PhD, and/or JD equivalent from a top tier school
• Prior work in business development, corporate strategy, strategic consulting and/or investment banking
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills including the ability to research, synthesize, and effectively communicate strategic industry, competitor, and financial information
• Strong project management skills with the ability to work independently and balance multiple assignments.
• Ability to understand clinical data and analyze R&D pipelines