Growth Opportunity with Large Pharma in NJ
Responsible for implementing publication planning activities and deliverables to meet the needs of external customers and internal business partners for assigned products. The manager will be responsible for coordination and management of cross-functional publication teams and ensure that there is no overlap/redundancy in global publication activities.
Responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to, management of publication activities throughout the product lifecycle such as development, submission and successful publication of manuscripts, congress abstracts, posters, slide sets, with the goal of timely completion of high-quality, peer-reviewed publications. Please note that this is not a medical writing position; key functions of this role are managerial in nature. Accordingly, as part of the publications process, the manager will oversee the selection and will ensure that the contract responsibilities of any third-party vendors (including medical writing and publications agencies) are met.
The manager will also be responsible for overseeing the internal review process for all publications. Additionally, the manager will ensure that implementation of the publication plans are in compliance with relevant guidelines. An ability to interact effectively with internal and external stakeholders (including investigators) is required. The manager will also provide guidance on appropriate journal/congress selection. Active participation and support of Medical Directors in the planning and execution of Advisory Board meetings is also required.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Implement medical communication activities for assigned products, including all aspects of publication planning activities, development and maintaining plans in collaboration with Medical Director; development of congress abstracts, posters, slide sets and manuscripts. Serve as liaison with external key opinion leaders and authors on publication development.
2. Collaborate with Medical Directors on the planning and execution of Scientific Advisory Board meetings. Ensure all documentation associated with advisory boards is entered into the aggregate spend reporting system.
3. Oversee internal review process for all publications, slide sets and related materials.
4. Analyze and communicate scientific literature. Create reports to communicate relevant information to colleagues and internal business partners. Collaborate with Medical Director to manage focused analyses of existing and new data in order to identify needs and requirements for publication plans.
• BS in a science discipline with an advanced degree preferred
• 5+ years’ experience with minimum of 2-4 years of experience in publication planning or equivalent in pharmaceutical industry; CMPP certification desired; Datavision is highly preferred
• Working knowledge of regulatory procedures and government practices pertaining to publication activities obtained through industry experience.
• Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple tasks within assigned objectives
• Demonstrable writing ability and the ability to understand, analyze, and summarize medical literature
• Proficiency in use of PC applications
• Experience with standardized publication planning software (ie, Datavision)
• Ability to travel up to 25%
Early phase through post launch. Focus more on publications vs writing. Datavision really preferred.
The hiring manager is okay with the experience being on the agency side, does not necessarily have to be Pharma
Company offers very competitive salary, bonus & benefits