Manager, Public Relations – Healthcare
Based in NY
Outstanding growth opportunity with a premier company based in Westchester County, NY operating in 27 states and engaged in the research, development, manufacture, sale and service of Fujifilm products. The company serves a broad spectrum of industries in the U.S. including medical and life sciences, electronic, chemical, graphic arts, information systems, broadcast, and photography. Be a part of this exciting, innovative growing Company!
Duties & Overview:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing Communications Healthcare, and work with internal clients to help develop and execute communication strategies. This position develops content to support educational webinars, and help manage relationships with key opinion leaders, as well as assist a business as they announce new products. Responsibilities for this position will include but are not limited to:
- Develop full range of written materials including press releases, media alerts, pitches, web and social media content, internal memos, FAQs and briefing documents
- Conduct media relations efforts including development of media strategies and media list development, pitching, and developing strong relationships with healthcare media contacts
- Assess media trends and identify opportunities to support business needs
- Manage distribution and scheduling of press releases, including the maintenance of media lists
- Maintain monthly media tracking report and documentation of public relations activities
- Facilitate regulatory copy approval and documentation
- Serve as onsite company representative at events, tradeshows, and media meetings
- Manage and deliver other projects and duties, as assigned
- Travel up to 25 – 30%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience in healthcare communications.
- Previous experience in medical device/pharma/biotech industry preferred.
- Understanding of medical and scientific terminology.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with healthcare professionals and support staff.
- Direct knowledge and experience working with legal, regulatory and quality affairs.
- Superior editorial and interpersonal skills with a broad range of communications and project management experience.
- Highly organized, detail oriented with outstanding follow-through skills.
- Able to perform with poise under tight deadlines and shifting priorities and can succesfully navigate a complex, fast-paced organization.
Top Reasons to Apply
- Growth company with distinct vision and financial resources to execute
- Progressive, small team-based group with stable environment
- Hands-on exposure to customers and an opportunity to have impact in building the business
- Efficient & innovative company
- Culture built on meritocracy and recognition for a job well done
Compensation and Benefits
Company offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package to all employees. Salary $70-$80k, plus 10% bonus.
Candidates must be authorized to work in the U.S. and be fluent in English.