Medical Science Liaisons – 3 Open – NE, Central and SW Regions
Outstanding opportunity with a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company who has a diverse product portfolio with focus on branded pharmaceuticals, branded generics and over-the-counter products. Specialization in dermatology, eye health, neurology and consumer healthcare. Be a part of this exciting Pharmaceutical Industry Leader!
Duties and Responsibilities
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) plays a crucial role in Medical Affairs , being part of a small and exclusive field-based team of medical scientific experts that partner with national key opinion leaders (KOLs) primarily in the academic community. Thus, the MSL has significant responsibility and is expected to provide in-depth scientific, clinical and educational support to KOLs, as well as to internal clinical, sales and marketing teams. In addition, the MSL provides scientific insights back to Medical Affairs management.
- Build and maintain solid and credible relationships with the medical community on Company’s behalf in both Academic and Community settings, especially in gastrointestinal diseases.
- Follow all applicable policies and procedures related to MSLs.
- Provide KOL insights and observations to the medical affairs organization on a timely basis.
- Participate in coordinating and conducting peer-to-peer interactions and medical presentations.
- Provide overall medical / scientific support through the dissemination of on-label educational, scientific, and clinical information on diseases and its treatment, for training purposes only.
- Develop relationships with local thought leaders (physicians, pharmacists and nurses) whose opinions and treatment regimens influence the practice of their colleagues.
- Identify unsolicited requests for investigator-initiated research.
- In response to appropriate requests, disseminate to physicians, nurses and other healthcare professionals state-of-the-art on-label research and medical concepts related to the treatment and management of diseases of interest to the company.
- Relay Medical Information requests through appropriate channels.
- When appropriate, represent Company at continuing educational events / programs, medical meetings and conventions.
- U.S. Policy on Medical Science Liaisons,
- U.S. Policy on Professional Information Requests
- U.S. Policy on Use of Off-Label Reprints
- U.S. Policy on Product Promotion
- U.S. Policy on Clinical Trials
- U.S. Policy on Fee-For-Service Arrangements with U.S. Healthcare Professionals or Related Institutions and Organizations
- S.O.P. on the Submission, Approval and Administration of Fee-For-Service Arrangement
- Advanced degree, PhD, PharmD, or MD in health care field from an accredited college or university.
- Established relationships with national GI KOLs highly desired.
- In-depth understanding of gastrointestinal diseases. In addition, it is ideal that the MSL have well-established relationships with national KOLs in GI. If not, the MSL must be well-equipped to develop new relationships.
- Takes seriously relevant policies and procedures.
- Highly motivated self-starter with a positive attitude, possessing the initiative required to achieve desired goals both independently and within a team structure.
- Demonstrated expertise in drug information communication.
- Demonstrated project management ability.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of FDA requirements related to MSLs.
- Strong relationship-building skills, particularly with the research community.
- Established and successful track record as a Medical Science Liaison.
- Strong administrative management skills.
- Team-oriented with the ability work effectively with others.
- Demonstrated understanding of product and technical knowledge in dermatology.
- Valid drivers license in good standing.
- Located near a major airport hub.
Other : Home office, 60-70% travel required, significant air travel is required.
Compensation and Benefits
Company offers an extremely competitive compensation and benefits package to all employees, including relocation. Salary $150k-$180k,+15-20% bonus + equity
For immediate consideration, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org EOE/M/F/D/V