Product Safety Data Coordinator and Coding Associate
1 Year Contract – NJ
This position is within the Product Safety Group within Medical Affairs
Description of Responsibilities
Data entry into the Product Safety database for Adverse Events reported in association with Marketed and investigational products.
The activities include, but are not limited to, full data entry, coding into standard dictionaries and writing of narratives based on information provided both on standard forms and from medical records and other documents.
The individual will be responsible for verifying the accuracy and completeness of information for each adverse event report for which he/she is responsible in conjunction with the source documents and ensuring that the activities are performed in a manner consistent with SOPs.
Following successful training, the candidate will be expected to work from home with the requirement to come into the Woodcliff Lake office on Wednesdays each week.
Health Care Professional (with or without previous drug safety experience) or non- health Care Professional with previous drug safety experience desired
• Medical terminology understanding required, with proficiency with MedDRA or other standard medical coding dictionary preferred
•Must have database experience with Argus, ARISg, or similar drug safety database
•Must have excellent communication skills and not be afraid to ask questions. Since this role is off-site 4 days a week communication is absolutely key.
Preferred experience – interpret and apply standard practices to a variety of case types and situations.
• 2-3 years minimum experience in medical coding/terminology/data entry within a pharmaceutical organization.
• Computer proficiency required, including data entry into standardized electronic databases
• Experience with data entry into drug safety databases such as ARISg/ARGUS, preferred
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Strong proofreading, editing and reviewing skills are essential
• Must be able to work independently, and possess problem solving skills, but also know when to seek assistance from manager.
Company offers very competitive hourly rate.