Sr. Manager Contracts – 1+year Consulting Project – NJ
Hourly Rate: $70-$85hr
Prepare draft contracts and negotiate terms with vendors, consultants, study sites, investigators and other third party contractors as necessary and utilize approved negotiation plans and parameters when available to timely conclude necessary contract negotiations in accordance with policies and procedures for contracting.
Draft and propose additional negotiation terms to attorneys based on prior history and experience
Report on all contracting activities and liaise with Contracting Ops personnel, Legal Department, Finance Department, Proposals Department, Research Operations and other business clients to ensure contractual terms validity and budget accuracy
Assess market conditions: identify trends and best practices relating to negotiation of agreements.
Remain up-to-date on governmental regulations that may influence contracting matters (e.g. FDA regulations, FCPA, PPACA/Sunshine Regulations, etc.)
Identify legal and compliance considerations in the context of contractual negotiations, appropriately raise same to Lead Contract manager, in-house management, and work collaboratively and at the direction of Lead Contract manager and in-house management or legal counsel to address such considerations
• Results driven and oriented individual with strong attention to detail and to delivering high quality work product
• Ability to organize competing priorities logically and review outstanding contractual risk and issues, proficient at multitasking.
• Ability to demonstrate strong customer focus and collaboration, and problem solving skills.
• Ability to handle high volume of work
• 5-7 years work experience in the pharmaceutical industry
• Minimum five years’ experience with drafting, reviewing, negotiating and finalizing varying types of contractual agreements, with an emphasis on clinical research contracts for Phase II, III or IV studies on behalf of a CRO, study site, or a pharmaceutical Sponsor, and possess a BA/BS level degree or Paralegal degree. JD degree preferred.
Must have stated Experience in Pharma negotiating site contracts